Thursday, October 20, 2011

Amazing Fried Chicken At CHAMPY'S

Hello to All! Sorry about the delay in this, but have been working feverishly on home repairs...anyway.           Went to Champy's Chicken on MLK blvd. in downtown Chattanooga Sunday night.  Bethany and I were in the mood for some great food at a reasonable price, and that is what we got.  We sat down at the outside bar because it was a beautiful evening, and Champy's has a great and welcoming outside dining area.  The stools were comfortable with a bar height that was great.  Let's face it, I love a good bar, but one thing I can't stand is a bar that you can't eat at or drink at because it is too high, too low, or just plain poorly designed and constructed.  At Champy's you get a great bar: clean, comfy, a place that I could sit at waaaaay too long.  Our Bar maid was quick to respond to us and we both went for the signature 40 ounce beer for $6 each.  "40 ounce beer" you say.  "How can you drink that without it getting warm on you?"  Champy's has the answer with custom made 40 oz beer cozies for a low $2.75 each.  We've been to Champy's before, so we were prepared with ours.  For our entrees I went with the Chicken tender basket and Bethany got the 3 Wing Platter.  Let's start with my tenders (LOL!).  they give you 4 huge, juicy, perfectly breaded and seasoned pieces with a monster basket of fries.  I got their signature sauce, which I wasn't crazy about, but the Honey Mustard that followed sufficed just fine.  Bethany's 3 Wing Plate is my usual staple there and once again it didn't disappoint.  The wings were delicious, served on a piece of white bread to absorb any extra oil.  One the side you get a healthy portion of Baked beans and slaw, both of which are amazingly tasty.  After a great meal and 2 very full bellies we polished off our fortys and relaxed.  Realistically, Champy's is one of my favorite spots in the city for comfort food.  Great food, friendly staff, and a good atmosphere.  On a scale of 1-5 watering holes, I would give it a 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment